Fill your senses with the enchanting haunting waters of one of the most Beautiful Bay in the world. World class diving, snorkelling,sailing, windsurfing, kayaking & various water sports.
But most of all, the magnificent mountains, springs, waterfalls,streams and rivers that
cascade into the open sea.
Puerto Galera is just 2 to 3 hours away from Manila. The bus travel time from the South Super Highway to the Calabarzon Highway all the way now to Batangas Port is 2 to 3 hours. The ferry ride to Puerto Galera normally takes 1 hour. A private transfer, with private car or van and connecting chartered ferry, is less travel time, more convenient but more expensive. More information on HOW TO GET TO PUERTO GALERA.
There are many beaches and coves, waterfalls and rivers ideal for picnics and sports, and spectacular dive sites close by.
The channel between Puerto Galera and Verde Island, known internationally as the Verde Island Passage, is “the center of the center of the world’s marine biodiversity” according to American scientists – making Puerto Galera’s underwater world a favorite amongst dive enthusiasts. Puerto Galera also has the biggest number of dive schools in the entire Philippines offering both PADI and BSAC courses in different languages. http://www.puertogalera.org/
Top things to do:
1. Visit Tukuran Falls
2. Scuba dive, Snorkelling, Kayaking & Wakeboarding (Book through Bahay Isla)
3. Visit Mt. Malasimbo
4. Visit Tamaraw Falls
5. Climb Mt. Halcon
6. Site seeing (Paintball, go-Karting, shooting range and ATV).
7. Golf at the Ponderosa Golf Club
8. Learn to sail or join the Regatta and other events at The Puerto Galera Yacht Club.
8. Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
9. Visit and buy handicrafts at The Baclayan Mangyan Village (20 mins walk from Santo Nino).
More resources about Puerto Galera can be found below: